We are open - safety is our top priority!
In order to have a happy and healthy smile it is imperative that you receive routine dental care. Maintaining the overall health of your teeth and gums will ensure that your smile looks beautiful for a long time to come. Establishing a good oral hygiene routine and being sure to visit the dentist on a regular basis will help you achieve your goal of having a healthy mouth.
What Is a General Dentist?
A general dentist is a professional who works as a primary dental healthcare provider for people of all ages. Instead of specializing in one specific area of dentistry, general dentists offer a range of services that maintain oral health via the treatment and prevention of diseases of the teeth and gums.
What Do General Dentists Do?
General family dentistry places its focus on long-term dental health. To keep a patient’s smile looking great, a dentist will perform checkups, clean and polish the teeth, fill cavities and perform procedures that strengthen or repair teeth or gum tissue. Dentists also provide their patients with advice on the best techniques for brushing and flossing, as well as how to use a variety of dental products to help achieve their dental health goals. If you are experiencing pain in your tooth, your dentist will examine your tooth, provide you with a diagnosis and then treat the problem.
What Are General Dentistry Services?
Services provided by general dentists include an array of different exams, procedures and treatments that allow you and your family members to maintain excellent dental health. Our skilled dentists provide the following general dentistry services:
- Tooth Repair and Replacement: Our dentists can repair or replace broken, damaged or missing teeth.
- Porcelain Crowns: Porcelain crowns match the color of your natural teeth and are used to cap off a broken tooth.
- Dental Bonding: This is a cosmetic procedure where a composite resin matching your tooth color is placed on your teeth to fix those that are chipped, broken, stained or cracked.
- Dental Bridges: Dental bridges are frequently recommended for patients who are missing one or more teeth.
- Fillings: If you have a cavity, one of our dentists can restore your tooth with a tooth filling.
- Composite Fillings: Composite fillings are made to match the color of your teeth and are made from a mixture of plastic and glass.
- Porcelain Fillings: Porcelain fillings are a stronger option for filling cavities.
- Laser Dentistry: Our dentists can use lasers to treat conditions like cavities or perform gum surgery in a less-invasive manner.
- Nitrous Oxide: Also known as laughing gas, nitrous oxide is used to sedate patients before undergoing a procedure.
- Sealants: The dentist can apply a thin, plastic coating to the surface of your teeth to help in preventing tooth decay.
How Frequently Should You Go to the Dentist?
Dentists typically recommend that patients who have good oral health receive a checkup every six months or so. However, your age, the condition of your oral health and other factors will determine how frequently you should visit your local general dental office.
Does It Cost a Lot to Go to the Dentist?
The amount you will need to pay for your visit to the dentist will vary. Your final cost will be determined by such factors as the type of treatment you need, as well as whether you are insured under a dental insurance plan. Pick up the phone and call our practice to find out what your first visit with us will cost.
How to Make a Dentist Appointment
Have you been wondering, “Is there an experienced general dentist near me?” If so, you are in luck. Our practice provides our patients with top-notch dental healthcare. Making your first appointment at our office is simple. Just call us and book a consultation for a day and time that works best for you.
How Much Time Does a Dentist Appointment Take?
Dentist general practice appointments can be as short as 30 minutes or as long as several hours. It all depends on what the visit entails. Most patients find that routine visits last approximately an hour. If you need to know how long your procedure will likely take, call us for more details.
What Do I Need to Do to Prepare for My Appointment?
Preparing for your first visit to your general dentist is simple. Just arrive on time and be sure to provide us with a list of any medications you take or medical conditions you have. You should also be prepared to provide us with information about your dental insurance coverage.
What Will Happen If I Don’t Go to the Dentist?
Failing to receive regular checkups can cause you to miss the early stages of tooth decay, gum disease or other potentially serious oral health problems. It’s much easier and less expensive to treat these issues in their earliest stages, rather than waiting until they have developed into more serious problems. Routine dental healthcare also makes it less likely that you will develop serious dental problems in the future. To book your first exam with one of our experienced dentists, call us as soon as possible.